Location: Suffern, New York
The Manager, Marketing and Communications is charged with supporting the Director of Network Marketing and Communications in conveying the mission and messages of Bon Secours Charity Health System, which includes Good Samaritan Hospital, St. Anthony Community Hospital, Bon Secours Community Hospital, Bon Secours Medical Group and assisted living facilities.
The Manager, Marketing and Communications/(Regional Sites) will play a key role in the design and implementation of communications strategy and the building of an intentional culture aligned to WMCHealth's mission, vision and values. S/he will also serve as the primary marketing communications local/regional liaison, working closely with and supporting the Director, Network Marketing and Communications/Site Coordination to serve his/her local system.
This role is primarily as an embedded communications specialist at the local level but also has responsibility at the Network level as needed and requested by the Director, Network Marketing and Communications/Site Coordination. On the local level, he/she provides Marketing support for the key service lines and on the Network level, s/he also implements turn-key communication resources to all sites ensuring consistency in message and implementation across the network so that all workforce communications meet WMCHealth standards and guidelines. S/he will be a member of the Marketing and Communications Department.
- Participates in intake process and planning for marketing campaigns.
- Brand standards ambassador and facilitator for assigned facilities and management.
- Drives the approval, adoption and implementation of communication strategies as appropriate.
- Serves as the main point of contact with departments to develop appropriate communication methods and channels tooversee the development and implementation of support materials for service lines and facility departments.
- Deputized to represent the Marketing Department with key executives in the organization with oversight from the Director, Network Marketing and Communications/Site Coordination and takes on responsibility for project management when appropriate.
- Represents the local health system with community stakeholders with oversight from the Director, Network Marketing and Communications/Site Coordination.
- Writes and schedules social media posts.
- Writes and manages production of hospital brochures and collateral materials, new doctor announcements, banners, posters, PowerPoint presentations, signs and other marketing materials as needed.
- Assists Director, local Network Marketing and Communications/Site Coordinationin media relations/issues management support/ content contribution/photography, working under the direction of the Network Strategic Communications leaders, including writing press releases in areas of institutional priority.
- Develops content ideas including identifying and writing patient stories.
- Works with Network website specialist to create, on the local level, SEO website content for service lines and new sections/service lines and locations; manages local updates/corrections to the website.
- External event support in local geography; supports all internal and select Foundation events for that site(s) in collaboration with Events team. Works with Director, Network Marketing and Communications/(Regional Sites) to execute ribbon cuttings, press conferences, meetings, employee communications, etc.
- Works with Network resource to film and edit Q&A style physician and patient interviews to be used for social media and website content. Works with the Network resource to film press events and script and edit post-event videos.
- With oversight from Director, Network Marketing and Communications/(Regional Sites), serves as marketing campaign liaison for Network Marketing team for research, strategy input, implementation; includes responsibility for currency of local business listings, provider directory data accuracy; gatekeeper for accuracy of phone/web/addresses for facility-employees-providers in collaboration with practice marketing specialist and practice marketing ops. (note: does not develop or execute local marketing campaigns/projects without advance approval of VP, Network Marketing and Strategic Communications)
- Interfaces with Network Marketing and Communication colleagues on creative design and audio-visual needs for internal clients.
- Participates in appropriate project management as assigned and serves as the project manager for projects designated by and with oversight from the Director, Network Marketing and Communications/Site Coordination.
- Ensures consistent execution of the brand network-wide, including printed materials, digital properties.
- Provides back-up communication support during crisis incidents, under the direction of the Network Strategic Communications team.
- Community relations and local relationship support/tbd.
- Local site projects/as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism and minimum of 7-10 years applicable experience with a large employer or communications agency, preferably in the health care space;
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the use of digital communications tools and techniques
- Excellent writing and editing skills with attention to detail and ability to develop and adhere to prescribed standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Discretion and sound judgment in the handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Project management experience is required and experience working in a matrixed environment is preferred.
- Comfort with a wide range of styles and professional personalities is critical, as is the ability to influence others, make presentations and manage meetings, and advocate for the interests of the workforce
- Contributes positively to a high energy, high performing team
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.