Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in seeking a Coordinator Hospice Volunteers to join our team.
Unit/Position SummaryResponsible for the recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers. Reports to the Hospice Operations Manager.
- Must attend all Inter Disciplinary Group (IDG) meetings for all teams served by Hospice Volunteers.
- Must keep current on regulatory guidelines/Medicare requirements and make adjustments to maintain compliance.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, placement, and supervision of volunteers.
- Conducts regular meetings with volunteers for ongoing training.
- Serves as the coordinator between the programs volunteer resources and patient/family needs.
- At the request of the Patient's case manager, contacts Hospice patients/families to offer volunteer services and if requested make home visit for assessment of needs and explanation of available resources.
- May reach out to communications and marketing for electronic and print media related to the volunteer services.
- Reaches out to Community Agencies who can provide services to patients not provided by our volunteers including Church and community service groups.
- Educates staff members on the roles of volunteers, their training, importance of the Medicare requirements, how to request volunteer assistance and changes that occur due to adjustments in regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience: 2 years's experience in volunteer organizational activities.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current, valid driver's license and proof of car insurance.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.