Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VU Inst. of Imaging Science
Manages patient screening, implements recruitment procedures, consenting, scheduling, and running imaging experiments from planning through study closeout. Maintains accurate and timely documentation and communication with investigators, participants, IRB, sponsors, and other research-related entities.
The Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science is looking for a motivated imaging specialist to join our team of imaging scientists and clinicians to develop and implement better medical imaging methods in patients. The key job duties will include:
*Developing and implementing recruitment procedures to identify and enroll eligible participants for imaging studies, including screening, consenting, scheduling, and running imaging experiments.
*Ensuring compliance with study protocols, regulations, and guidelines, as well as proper documentation, and record-keeping.
*Working directly with clinicians (physicians, nurses, and MRI technicians), basic scientists, patients, regulatory staff, and other research-related entities to coordinate study activities, resolve issues, and communicate study progress.
*Participating in the preparation of research reports, presentations, and publications.
Necessary training will be provided to work with eStar, REDCap, iLab, IRB, and other core clinical services at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Additional opportunities are also available to participate in ongoing imaging research studies including data acquisition and analysis.
A successful applicant should have completed a bachelor's degree and should have a great interest in clinical studies involving patients. This job is an ideal experience to learn the basics of clinical trial design and to obtain experience in the clinic with patients, as well as to participate in cutting-edge medical imaging research.
If interested, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
* Under supervision, perform, collect, evaluate, and analyze imaging research data
* Operation of wide variety of scientific experiments involving detailed protocols. Assist in the design of the study including procedures, protocols and quality control measures
* Conduct experimental design/analysis. Write imaging protocol and oversee its implementation.
* Informed Consent. Obtain informed consent and follow IRB guidelines.
* Assist in the design of study or survey tools. Assist in the development of data collection methods and/or databases
* Contribute to research publications.
* Assist in developing reports of results, graphs, charts, tables, etc. of research findings. Assist principal investigator in preparation of grant applications and contract proposals
* Scientific Instrumentation (Novice): Demonstrates knowledge and use of scientific instrumentation in practical applications
* Anatomy & Physiology Knowledge (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate anatomy and physiology knowledge in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* Regulatory Compliance (Novice): Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
* Image Analysis and Processing (Novice): Demonstrates familiarity with software packages and databases used for image analysis and processing. Able to apply image analysis programs to provide measurements of structure or physiological outputs using state-of-the-art software programs. Able to develop scripts and programs to modify image analysis software for customer applications.
* Imaging Development and Application (Fundamental Awareness): Demonstrates expertise in the utilization and modification of imaging technologies and relevant concepts in physics and engineering for diverse applications
* Laboratory Techniques (Novice): Demonstrates proficiency in laboratory practices including chemistry and molecular biology
* Technical Writing (Fundamental Awareness): Possesses the ability to describe procedures and data in writing to communicate to readers of grants, papers, and other documents.
* Electronics (Novice): Demonstrates proficiency in the design and fabrication of electronic devices, both digital and analog
* Communication (Novice): Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
* Data Analysis (Novice): The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.
Our Academic Enterprise is one of the nation's longest serving and most prestigious academic medical centers. Through its historic bond with Vanderbilt University and integral role in the School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Health cultivates distinguished research and educational programs to advance a clinical enterprise that provides compassionate and personalized care and support for millions of patients and family members each year.
World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.
Aligning with Vanderbilt Health's Strategic Directions, the Office of Research provides shared research resources, administrative expertise and professional guidance to enable the trans-disciplinary environment and highly collaborative culture that advances discovery and training for all the research faculty, trainees, students and staff.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Work Experience :
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.