$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm
Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients’ compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Southwest Medical Hospice is seeking knowledgeable, compassionate RNs to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or facilities. As a hospice nurse, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for terminal patients. Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. These positions offer potential for growth, a friendly staff and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
The Hospice RN will be responsible for identifying patient / family needs and for providing supportive care, coordinating the case among the Interdisciplinary Group team in accordance with the plan of care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families. As a hospice RN, you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in day-to-day clinical care of terminal patients and their families. You will also be responsible for clinical care and medical management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating) as it relates to end of life palliative care.
- Coordinate with the RN manager to assure the client driven plan of care that strives to meet positive outcomes through ongoing evaluation using evidenced based practice
- Making certain that hospice care provided is compliant with state and federal regulations (documentation and delivered) through participation in chart review and following established process
- Participation in orientation, ongoing education programs and successful completion of competency requirements
- Providing services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Medical Hospice within the scope of professional nursing practice as defined within the Nurse Practice Act
- Provide services to meet both internal and external customers' expectations
- Ensure hospice care is provided in accordance with agency and company Corporate Compliance Program
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Willing to travel within the Las Vegas area into patients' home or facilities to provide comfort care and pain management
- Ability to participate in weekend and / or after hours care of hospice patients as needed
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in community health, critical care, oncology, HIV / AIDS, advanced illness or medical surgical patient care setting
- Hospice experience (preferably in home hospice agency)
- Knowledge of professional standards of care and laws and regulations applicable to hospice services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.