Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
A Hospital Care Aide (Sitter) is a paraprofessional employee, trained to provide supervision, companionship, environmental support assistance. Reports changes in condition of patient and any safety issues to unit staff immediately. Population served: Clients of all ages with diverse diagnoses.Job
- Supervises the patient to provide optimum safety and accident prevention. Receives information hand-off from nursing staff. Never leaves patient unattended.
- Under direction of the hospital unit staff can assist nurse with personal care tasks including but not limited to: Engages in appropriate and meaningful conversation with patient, and family members. Escorts patient as directed by nursing staff.
- Complies with communicating changes in patient's condition. Adheres to policies and procedures. Is always accurate, complete, and timely when bringing important information/observations to the nurse about the patient.
- Adheres to scheduling assignments. Is flexible with scheduling hours. Calls for additional assignments. Bathing, oral hygiene, hair and nail care, skin care, lotion and massage, elimination, dressing, positioning, transfers and ambulation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Ability to read and write consistent with the job requirements.
- Own means of transportation.
- Effective communication skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.