Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
8:00 Am- 4:00PM
The Dietetic Technician provides food and nutrition services to patients under the supervision of the Registered Dietitian (RD). Primary responsibilities include: nutrition screening and participation in the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) as determined by the RD for nutrition assessment developing and implementing nutrition intervention/plan of care such as following up on nutrition screening completed by nursing documenting medical, food, and nutrition related data reviewing patient menus for conformance to diet order providing individualized or group nutrition education monitoring meal, snack, and/or medical food intake to contribute to evaluation of patient's progress and revision of intervention/plan of care, if indicated monitoring the quality and accuracy of food served to patients and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice. The Dietetic Technician also assists with Milk Lab/Formula Lab operations, facilitates daily workflow, and supports patient food service menu program activities.
- Screens patients for nutritional risk according to established standards.
- Documents results of screening and provides nutrition follow up as assigned by the RD, writes modified diets and uses the nutrient analysis program.
- Collaborates with patient food service and nutrition staff to ensure conformance with diet order, patient preferences, and other applicable components of the nutrition prescription.
- Participates in supervised practice experiences for nutrition and dietetics students/interns, other disciplines when requested, and helps orient new employees as assigned.
- Assists with Room Service Call Center, Feeding Labs and/or Food Service operations and facilitates workflow as assigned.
- Participates in department's and/or unit's quality performance and improvement activities.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certification: Dietetic Technician, Registered required or obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Years of relevant experience: 1 years preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: