Location: Suffern, New York
The Retail Associate performs a variety of tasks based on their particular shift assignment; all positions include cash handling, customer meal service, food preparation, general sanitation, cleaning, and use of kitchen and cafeteria equipment.
- Interacts with cafeteria customers in a positive manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Enters all sales into cash registers accurately and complies with cash control policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper food presentation, portion control, recipe compliance, and temperature maintenance when serving customers.
- Operates cafeteria and kitchen equipment safely and effectively.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Cleans and stocks assigned work area or as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Cafeteria or retail food service experience preferred. Reading, speaking, and comprehending the English language required
High school diploma or GED preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.