Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Life Changing Work
Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch? LOOK NO FURTHER.
Optum is looking for Per Diem or Part-Time Hospitalists to join our team in the San Gabriel Valley covering Huntington Hospital In Pasadena and USC Arcadia Hospital in Arcadia.
Pcik Up Shifts When You Want!
Hourly Wage + Paid Malpractice Insurance
As the employer of more than 14,000 physicians in Southern California, alone, we’re looking for clinicians who share our vision of creating a world where everyone can live healthier lives through accessible, affordable, and quality health care.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you.
- Conducts hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service.
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration, and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service.
- Works with hospital and clinical staff to initiate and coordinate early discharge through collaboration with specialists, nursing staff, social services, utilization management, and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with hospital departments and hospital administration.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by providing distinctive, personalized care and services by listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of both internal and external (patients, family members, referring physicians/specialists, hospital staff, etc.) customers and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Serves as a liaison to other physicians, business office, and administration to maximize communication and increase knowledge of the hospitalist program benefits.
- Attends and completes all specific competencies and annual organizational requirements.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to discuss patients’ progress, variances, and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely, including medical records, billing/coding, and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted Medical license in State of California or ability to obtain
- Board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA
- Ability to work 7am to 7pm on 2-6 shifts per month, as schedule by Clinical leaders
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and vaccinations required by company policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.