The Care Coordination Program at CAREMOUNT MEDICAL enables patients to be treated in an environment combining an expert medical team with individual attention and compassionate care. The Care Coordination Program empowers patients to actively participate in improving their own healthcare through personalized care that targets each patient's specific healthcare issues and needs. With the support of the Care Coordination Program, patients with chronic illnesses are able to improve their health condition, adhere to treatment plans, address issues pertaining to social determinants of health and ultimately avoid costly hospital readmissions or visits to emergency departments. They can help patients keep their independence while dealing with an illness or injury. The LSW has the responsibility for coordinating all psychosocial community services, in collaboration with the direct patient care team and the care coordination nursing team. The Care Coordination LSW is an integral part of CAREMOUNT MEDICAL and our approach to delivery of patient-centered, compassionate, medical care, complementing the necessary professional services to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
* The LSW is an integral member of the direct delivery care team, and serves as a gateway to information and support.
* The LSW assists in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementing of psychosocial programs.
* Counsel patients and interpret to the patient care team the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders.
* Perform short term counseling and crisis intervention as necessary.
* Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health partners and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services as needed.
* Provide community service information as an outreach worker such as required.
* Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers as well as other care coordination team support specialists.
* Cultivate and support primary care and subspecialty co-management with timely communication, inquiry, follow up, integration of information in to the care plan regarding transition of care and referrals.
* Attend and actively participate in care coordinator related training and meeting activities.
Qualifications and Education:
* Bachelor of Science or Arts in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or an acceptable related field required, with Master's Degree preferred.
* LSW- License as a Social Worker in New York State
* 3-5 years' experience in clinical or community health settings, preferred
* Previous experience in caring for chronic disease patients, required
* Previous care Coordination, case management or Home Health experience, preferred
* Experience with navigation of local medical and social support systems,
* Previous experience with Electronic Medical Records and Microsoft Excel, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of community health services and willingness to develop and foster relationships with community resources of direct value to CareMount Medical patients and care team.
* Strong organizational skills and demonstrated the ability to maintain accurate notes and records.
* Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding and commitment to delivery of patient centered medical care with a team-based approach
* Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, is attentive to detail.
* Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to priorities scheduling of work autonomously
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.