Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time (28 hours per week), 8 hours a week in Akron, 20 hours a week in North Canton
Must be able to work as early as 7am and as late as 7pm
The Occupational Therapist utilizes professional knowledge and behaviors to evaluate/assess and treat patients with a variety of physical, educational, or psychosocial disabilities.
1. Utilizes professional knowledge and behaviors to evaluate, assess and treat patients with a variety of physical, educational, or psychosocial disabilities.
2. Communicates effectively with patient, family members, and team members as needed.
3. Performs appropriate and necessary documentation and patient/family education.
4. Supervises COTA/L, volunteer, or student per OT regulations.
5. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in pediatric occupational therapy is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy is required Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Certification by National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and current Ohio state licensure is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: