Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 Hours per week
12:15pm - 8:45pm
The Cook prepares hot and cold foods for patients, visitors, and staff.
1. Prepares hot and cold foods for patients, visitors, and staff.
2. Prepares quantities of food items for patients, Retail Food Service, catered feeding, and individual special diet items.
3. Prepares food items according to standardized recipes and portion control guidelines.
4. Follows standards of sanitation and safety in food handling according to HACCP guidelines.
5. Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
6. Completes forms and checklists.
7. Communicates with co-workers and supervision.
8. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Experience in Food Service is required.
2. Experience in hazard analysis critical control point is preferred.
3. Experience in short order cooking, preparation for room service such as restaurants, other hospital room service experience is required.
4. Experience in creative cooking and design experience is preferred.
5. Experience in quantity cooking is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: ServSafe is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: