Physician Office Secretary - North Canton practice
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: N Canton, Ohio
Internal Number: 8528
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part-time 24 hours per week
Summary: The Physician Office Secretary provides consistently courteous, friendly, and professional customer service.
1. Provides consistently courteous, friendly, and professional customer service.
2. Responsible for scheduling appointments, registering patients, verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, posting office and hospital charges, collecting and securing payments, performing end-of-day balancing and reconciliation, facilitating patient referrals and completing forms and documents.
3. Also responsible for office typing, retrieving and filing charts and chart documents, answering the phone, mail distribution and assisting and/or answering questions from parents/patients within specified guidelines.
4. Assists all personnel on the office team and provides cross-coverage for other secretaries within all CHPA offices as needed.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Exhibits a professional and courteous manner.
2. Ability to work under pressure and works well as part of a team.
Education and Experience 1. Must be a high school graduate and have demonstrated excellence in customer service, interpersonal, and telephone skills.
2. Medical office billing experience and training in medical terminology preferred.
3. Must have basic computer experience, filing ability, good keyboarding skills, and excellent organizational skills.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: