Private Duty Division Home Health Aide, Level 1 Full Time Nights
Location: Tampa, Florida
Internal Number: 21017793
Private Duty Division Home Health Aide, Level 1 Full Time Nights AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Location Address:12470 Telecom Drive Suite 100, Tampa, Florida 33637
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
• Faith based and Mission driven agency
• Flexible scheduling
• One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
• Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
• Competitive pay with no state income tax
• Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
• Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
• Close to Gulf beaches, parks and golf courses
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
• Perform personal care activities and support services for patients in their place of residence as specified in a written assignment.
• Document personal care and patient care activities rendered according to CNA/HHA Plan of Care.
• Communicate pertinent information to the Private Division Supervisor.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
• May provide patient sitter duties inside Hospital or other care facility.
• Maintains clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
• Attends in service training as scheduled, but at a minimum of three (3) hours per quarter for a total of twelve (12) annually.
• Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
• Participate in the review process and the agency performance improvement program.
• Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
• Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty.
• Displays flexibility in accepting assignment changes and readily accepts assignment and patient care responsibilities.
• Displays basic infection control procedures
• Develop skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities.
• Complete related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Manager or Director.
What You Will Need:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of CNA/HHA services and tasks.
2. Problem solving abilities.
3. Positive interpersonal communication skills.
4. Team and customer service oriented.
5. Basic computer skills required.
6. Completion of a minimum of seventy-five (75) hours of documented home health aide training.
a. Communication skills
b. Observation, reporting and documentation of patient status and care or service rendered.
c. Basic infection control procedures.
d. Basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function that must be reported to the RN or Supervisor.
e. Maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment.
f. Emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures.
g. Respect for the patient and their privacy and personal property.
h. Appropriate and safe techniques in personal hygiene and grooming including:
a. Bed bath.
b. Sponge, tub or shower bath.
c. Shampoo, sink tub or bed.
d. Nail and skin care.
e. Oral hygiene.
f. Toileting and elimination.
i. Safe transfer techniques and ambulation.
j. Passive range of motion and positioning.
k. Ability to record nutrition and fluid intake.
l. Other health-related topics or tasks pertinent to home health services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Successful completion of Home Health Aide certification with a minimum of 75 credit hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Six (6) months to twelve (12) months experience in a patient care facility
• One (1) year of experience in home health.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Maintains current Florida driver’s license
• Maintains automobile insurance or has reliable transportation.
Accountable for assisting the health professional by providing personal health care services and assistance with activities of daily living to the patient as specifically identified in a written assignment and necessary for the accomplishment of patient care plan goals. Assist patient with personal hygiene, assist with ambulation and transfers, prepare meals, laundry, light housekeeping, transports client using client vehicle, shops for groceries, ensures client safety as directed. Promote patients’ mental alertness, report changes in the patients’ condition to the Private Division Supervisor. Assist in providing a safe and healthful environment for patient care. Continued employment with the agency is contingent upon your ability to perform job duties as outlined in this job description
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.