Lead CLS Clinical Lab Scientist 10 Hour Full Time Rotate
Hi-Desert Medical Center
Location: Joshua Tree, California
Internal Number: 2105028600
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Performs blood tests and studies morphology of constituents of blood to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ensures instrumentation of operating in accordance with laboratory practice.
1. Meets all criteria of a CLS.
2. Follows established procedures and laboratory protocols.
3. Evaluates personnel performance and provides written documentation at required intervals.
4. Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services.
5. Follows QC, QI and PM program. Is accurate and complete in documentation; following through in appropriate manner.
6. Directs and monitors operation of department; guiding in decisions and flow of department.
7. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
8. Is a resource for problem solving, client concerns and over all laboratory practices.
9. Apprises Admin Director and Pathologist of issues, problems, concerns, as well as suggestions for lab functions.
10. Prepares work schedules and is aware of pending issues that can impact department operation.
11. Observes and monitors personnel practices and takes action when necessary.
12. Responsible for the department staff competencies.
13. Provides age appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including newborn, pediatric, geriatric and general population.
14. Provides written documentation required for various reports and projects.
â�¢ Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs).
â�¢ Manual dexterity and mobility.
â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
â�¢ Occasional standing/walking.
â�¢ Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
â�¢ Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
â�¢ Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
â�¢ Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
â�¢ Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
â�¢ Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
â�¢ Handles emergency or crisis situations
â�¢ Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
â�¢ Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases
â�¢ Subject to many interruptions
â�¢ Requires licensure as a California Clinical Laboratory Scientist
â�¢ ASCP Certification preferred
â�¢ Sufficient previous experience in all areas of the lab.
Required Protective Equipment
â�¢ Face Protection
â�¢ Lab Coat or Apron
â�¢ Non-Sterile Medical Gloves
â�¢ Utility Gloves
Job: Med Tech
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.