Location Address:9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Up to $5000 sign on bonuse with two year agreement
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Directs, coordinates, and supervises activities of Clinical Team.
· Leads and directs activities related to patient services through the direct supervision of the Patient Services Manager.
· Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert to Food Service Directors in the field.
· Develops and implements clinical nutrition care based policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of nutrition services and provide continuity of care throughout AdventHealth.
· Establishes goals and oversees implementation of clinical nutrition care based upon facility’s medical direction and patient population.
· Evaluates clinical team staff for competency, productivity, and adherence to policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action as necessary.
· Participates in staffing analysis based on census, patient acuity, and rounds or committee involvement to ensure adequate staffing.
· Organizes and prioritizes work assignment and demonstrate flexibility to accommodate the following: changing work environment, high acuity, high census and or sudden emergencies to meet unit/ organization needs.
· Understands and interprets the results of internal customer and patient surveys, Press Ganey and HCAHPS.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships in both intradepartmental (clinical and non-clinical) as well interdepartmental.
· Conducts monthly meetings with the Dietitians in the field inclusive of a formal agenda & minutes.
· Communicates effectively and timely, both verbally and in writing, including internal communication logs, email, and telephone.
· Holds self and staff accountable for exhibiting a professional manner through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
· Meets communication deadlines; uses appropriate spelling, grammar, body language, gestures, tone and volume of voice; understands and conveys information to staff, including inspection, audit, and scorecard results.
· Facilitates and encourages open team communication and takes ownership for sharing information with staff.
Employment Engagement and Growth
· Recommends measures of clinician competence and makes available corresponding tools such as mandatory CBLs and chart review templates.
· Staffs and develops to maximize effectiveness of the team.
· Builds, assists, and motivates teams to achieving organizational goals.
· Assists team members and takes on added responsibility without hesitation.
· Practices knowledge of the Employee Satisfaction Survey standards and participates in action planning and implementation of improvement activities.
· Supports growth of team members, assisting team members to find resources for development.
· Mentors staff to work as a cohesive, engaged team that provides seamless, friendly, patient centered service.
· Plans and conducts employee recognition and integrates diversity awareness into celebrations.
· Participates in employee rounding.
· Demonstrates professional growth by pursuing continuing education opportunities, including management classes and mentoring from experienced professionals.
· Uses constructive criticism from leaders in personal development plan.
Human Resource Management
· Conducts Interviews, hiring, training, orientation, development, and continuing education for self, staff dietitians, and occasionally patient services team to maintain current nutritional knowledge.
· Oversees employee performance, cross-training, and scheduling.
· Implements a didactic and observational mechanism for the evaluation of clinical performance and competence on an on-going basis.
· Coordinates shift coverage issues while minimizing overtime hours and agency use.
· Ensures continuous updating of job routines and area training materials; develops and delivers positive discipline and performance evaluations.
· Monitors time and attendance.
· Directs employees to appropriate resources for HR issues, such as LOA /FMLA.
· Holds staff accountable to clinical service standards, AdventHealth standards, and timely completion of all goals.
· Serves as a resource for clinical staff corrective discipline and/or coaching.
· Using Clinical Nutrition Managers from the field, develop training standards for Registered Dietitians.
· Demonstrates understanding of cultural, ethnic, religious, socioeconomic, and psychological factors/barriers that impact patient/client’s nutrition and motivation to change.
· Uses educational and behavioral objectives and provides appropriate educational material/information.
· Develops and provides CBORD training and training materials to Nutrition leaders, other users, and dietetic interns.
Nutrition Assessment & Reassessment
· Initiates and monitors nutrition assessments/reassessments per Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and regulatory standards.
· Assessment criteria include achievable/measurable goals and plan of care.
· Prioritizes patients at nutrition risk for timely management.
· Reassesses patients throughout their hospitalization according to MNT Standards.
· Documentation is complete and consistent with MNT standards of care, including response to treatment.
· Uses standards/interventions/goals and plan of care appropriate to age and clinical condition/diagnosis.
· Calculates calories, protein, and fat provided in parenteral/enteral solutions (includes applicable medications).
· Selects products appropriate to patient age, condition, nutrient needs and route of delivery.
· Assessment/reassessment documentation includes current rate, what it provides, response to treatment and achievable/measurable goals.
· Demonstrates understanding of therapeutic diets, meal planning, processing patient menus and options for additional items available to patients.
· Assists with creation and implementation of patient services’ menus utilizing CBORD.
· Uses standards appropriate to age and clinical condition/diagnosis.
· Selects items/products appropriate to patient age, condition, nutrient needs and route of delivery.
· Evaluates patient response to diet served and communicates problems or ideas to appropriate Food Service personnel.
· Oversees the establishment and implementation of clinical standards of service.
· Develops, implements, and complies with clinical policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Complying with regulatory standards, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to HIPAA regulations, facility confidentiality, and patient rights policies.
· Assists patient services in ensuring area is meeting regulatory, quality, and safety standards.
· Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates, quality improvement activities related to clinical nutrition care.
· Reviews and approves the diet manual, enteral and supplement formulary, and patient menu.
· Integrates new menus, diets, supplements, and patterns with CBORD/Epic database.
· Creates, implements, and updates all therapeutic diets, individual menu items, and recipes.
· Codes items for compliances, allergies, and preferences.
· Ensures agreement between diets available in Cerner/Epic and CBORD diets.
· Recommends clinical quality assurance measures, key performance indicators, and scorecard placeholders for adoption. Reviews and updates clinical data for quality assurance and performance improvement annually.
· Solicits feedback to improve deliverables and/or services.
· Monitors and educates regarding nutritional compliance with generated consults/Initial Screening and Assessment Policy.
· Holds self and staff accountable for continuous process improvement, executing plans/projects and achieving goals in a cost-effective and timely manner.
· Holds staff accountability for applicable internal and external inspections and audits.
Upgrades / Testing
· Facilitates, implements and manages CBORD, including hardware functionality and drivers.
· Tests CBORD upgrades, new functions, and new builds.
· Maintains the test environment and manually tests accuracy of each diet, each meal, and each day.
Finance & Profitability
· Reviews monthly audits, reports, and statistics and takes appropriate action to enhance quality and profitability.
· Participates in annual budget development and adhere to budget guidelines throughout the year.
· Anticipates and recognizes areas of concern that may have a financial impact and make appropriate recommendations to contain costs.
What You Will Need:
· Master’s degree in management and/or a health-related field. Appointment of an individual without a Master’s degree is provisional.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field
· Five years of clinical management and/or clinical supervisory experience in a healthcare setting
· Registered Dietitian
· Licensed Dietitian, Kansas
It is our objective that patients receive the safest, highest quality of nutritional care. The Clinical Nutrition Manager, under the direction of the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, will lead and manage the clinical nutrition team and serve as the AdventHealth subject matter expert. The position will coordinate with the registered dietitians to provide and ensure compliance with evidence-based practices, focused on providing excellent patient care, safety, quality and patient satisfaction. The Clinical Services Manager is also responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and working towards improving systems and processes.
The Clinical Nutrition Manager is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, vision and values of AdventHealth Shawnee Mission. This position is accountable for working with the parameters of the Kansas Dietitian Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. The Clinical Nutrition Manager will have an intimate knowledge of nutritional best practice within a hospital setting. He/she will have a strong background in leadership, project management and the use of data to improve processes and is skilled in facilitating change.
The Clinical Nutrition Manager will have an intimate knowledge of nutritional best practice within a hospital setting. He/she will have a strong background in leadership, project management and the use of data to improve processes and is skilled in facilitating change.
The Clinical Nutrition Manager plans, schedules, coordinates, and supervises the work operations of the clinical nutrition staff at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission. Primary responsibilities include assigning work to and supervising clinical dietitians; developing standards and monitoring of clinical dietetic performance; reviewing and updating policies and procedures; recruiting, hiring, and orienting staff; interacting with hospital management and professional staff; supporting the implementation of new dietary programs; reviewing and approving patient menu updates and changes; reviewing and updating CBORD for recipe and item compliance; assisting in the education of patient services’ staff on diets and patient safety; The CNM also works closely with the interdisciplinary clinical team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives.
As a working clinical dietitian, some job duties would include: identifying patients at risk for malnutrition, assessing nutritional needs and defining nutrient requirements, developing and overseeing the implementation of the nutrition care plan for patients with complicated nutritional problems, evaluating the effectiveness of nutrition interventions, providing nutrition education related to medical nutrition therapy, counseling patients and family members on appropriate food selections, eating habits and behavior changes to accomplish optimum patient outcomes and defined goals, ensuring a continuity of care through effective discharge planning, care coordination, and communication with the health care team.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.