Surgical Tech III- CVOR Full Time Days 6:30am -3p Tampa
Location: Tampa, Florida
Internal Number: 21010709
Certified Surgical Tech III CVOR AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Possible Sign-On Bonus up to $5,000. two year commitment required.
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. 4x10 M-F. 30 Minute Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
· Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
· Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure’ displays knowledge of procedure and patient positioning
· Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
· Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
· Helps in draping sterile field
· Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
· Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
· Prepares sterile dressings
· Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
· Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
· Assists in prepping room for the next patient
· Works with RN and team members to provide safe patient care
· Handles surgical specimens with 100% accuracy
· Recognizes/ responds immediately to emergency situations appropriately
· Displays awareness of and participates in cost effective behaviors endorsed by the organization
· Performs duties in a timely manner, communicates all updates/ delays to team members/ team leader
· Communicates supply problems appropriately, restocking supplies for the unit as needed
· Readily accepts assignment or changes in assignment, maintains a positive attitude if asked to float to another room/ unit
· Willingness to change schedule to meet unit staffing needs
· Demonstrates competencies as defined by individual unit
· Increases clinical knowledge/ skills independently, working with unfamiliar procedures/ surgeons to expand/ develop new skills
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, delivers on commitments
· Ability to function in the role of Second Assistant
1. Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon
2. Sponges or suctions operative site
3. Applies electrocautery to clamps on bleeders
4. Cuts suture material as directed by the surgeon
5. Connects drains to suction apparatus
6. Applies dressings to closed wound
· Displays competency in at least three specialty areas and assist with maintaining and inventory of instrumentation and supplies according to physician preference cards
· Acts as preceptor and assist with training other CST’s in their specialty areas
· Completes all annual mandatory educational requirements
· Attends 75% of unit staff meeting
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Interpersonal Skills
· Completion of validation skills
· Knowledge of sterile technique, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field set-up
· Knowledge of sterilization techniques
· Laser skills/ training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School education or equivalent
· Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Course
· Able to precept and act as resource person and preceptor in multiple surgical specialties.
· Minimum six years’ experience as a CST.
· Specialist in at least 3 major surgical specialties
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· AS in Surgical Technology
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current CST/ Certified Surgical Assistant
· AHA BLS
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Surgical Technologist III is a member of the health care team who performs technical support in the perioperative period under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse according to the accepted clinical standards of care
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.