Position Summary As a Treatment/Wound Nurse you will be responsible for performing resident skin assessments, obtaining treatment orders, administering treatments as ordered, and documenting appropriately to help ensure that resident skin integrity is improved and/or maintained. NON-UNION POSITION.
1. Administers treatments as prescribed within standard nursing practice guidelines and in full compliance with established infection control protocols.
2. Initials and dates dressings to ensure that changes are done timely as prescribed.
3. Conducts and / or leads weekly wound rounds to assess resident skin condition, documents findings appropriately and contacts physician to make recommendations for new or revised treatment orders.
4. Receives, transcribes and implements new treatment orders in a timely manner.
5. When requested by immediate supervisor or others in nursing leadership, evaluates a residentï¿½s skin or makes arrangement for evaluation within 8 hours of request.
6. Monitors the progress of wound healing and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate.
8. Performs and records weekly pressure ulcer assessment and measurement documentation. Physical demands: ï¿½ Frequent walking, standing ï¿½ Lift supplies/equipment (lift/carry up to 10 pounds) ï¿½ Moderate computer work ï¿½ Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
Graduate of an accredited nursing program in preparation for nurse licensure / registration. One year experience providing specialized treatments in long term care setting. Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse licensed in California. REQUIRED to be certified as a wound/treatment nurse
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905021772
About Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.