Providence is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Home Infusion, Day Shift, Full-time) to Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position Details: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), Day shift (M-F 9:00am-5:30pm, 9:30am-6:00pm, or 10:30am-7:00pm.) Once fully trained, this position will likely alternate between two shifts. There is a weekend rotation (Currently rotating Saturdays), and on-call backup every 5th to 6th weekend. This position might cover 1-2 Holidays per year. This is not a patient-facing position.
In this position you will:
- Respond to incoming calls from patients, families, physicians, and referral sources.
- Provide general information about home infusion services in response to inquiries.
- Collect sufficient and appropriate referral information to determine a prospective patients service needs.
- In conjunction with supervising RN, will initiate Delegation of Care and Patient Plan of Treatment.
- Maintain effective communication with Pharmacist, Patient Service Representative (PSR), Dietitian, and Enteral Coordinator in order to successfully coordinate care for PIPS patients.
- Maintain effective communication with Nurse Scheduler regarding patient visit needs.
- Triage calls from patients and other customers.
- Triage calls to RN Coordinator when issue is beyond scope of practice, or experience.
- Maintain effective communication with Hospital Liaisons, hospital based Nurse Clinicians, Hospice Coordinator and other referral sources in relationship to issues around patient referrals, discharge plans and visit needs.
- Maintain effective communication with Admission Assistants for authorizations and updates.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in Washington State
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Two (2) or more years of direct clinical experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of home infusion field experience
- One (1) or more years of office experience in a health care setting
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and infusion software
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane, Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: 154159