Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) to Providence Hospice and Home Care in Everett, Washington.
This position will support our beautiful new 16-bed Inpatient Care Center, located at Providence Regional Medical Center (Everett, WA). Take a look!
This position will work in our 16-bed Inpatient Care Center, located at Providence Regional Medical Center (Everett, WA), variable shifts (days or nights). Schedules run 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am.
If you're looking for a more flexible schedule, or to supplement your current income, our per diem roles are a great option! The only requirements are that you support the facility a minimum of 5 days per month, with 2 of those being weekend days. And you choose the days!
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary hospice team to assess, plan, and provide nursing care to terminally ill patients.
- Develop hospice plans of care in conjunction with team members.
- Strive to anticipate changes in patients' conditions, avoid crises, promote patient and family choice, assure continuity of care, and enhance the quality of life of dying patients.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Utilize software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification
- Current driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
- Food Handlers Permit (New Hires must obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Three (3) years of nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing experience in hospice, home health, or medical/surgical
About the ministry you will serve.
Our Inpatient Hospice Care Center provides a unique alternative to traditional home-based care for hospice patients who need symptom management which cannot be provided in the home. Located at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, the center serves patients in the hospital and offers the community a complete continuum of hospice care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 147747